Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Baby...


I am very partial to sewing baby quilts.  Words aren't even going to do my feelings justice so let me just say, I find great pleasure in evey minute I am at my machine. 

Combine my love of baby quilts with the task of making the quilt for my first grandchild!  Estatic.  Over the top.  Pure fun.  You get the idea. 

EXCEPT, oh and it is minor, but my daughter lives out of state.  So, all the nursery sewing had to be done over the computer.

My daughter had chosen the Animal Tower Print from Petit Collage for the nursery.    This is the image on my computer monitor.  This was the focal point for the baby's room. The playful graphics of the stacked animals are bold and fun.

The fabric stacked next to the computer was designed by Annette Tatum for Little House.  The collection is "soliel".  Also added are some Kona cotton solids.



.
 I'm drafting the pattern for the applique on the office library table.  I worked from the image on the computer monitor with my very favorite sewing aid.....freezer paper.            


The animals are coming to life in fabric.  Nothing like some vintage rick rack to add some texture.



And then quilting makes it POP!







You know how quickly these little ones grow.  Any thoughts on a graduation quilt?

Patalier on Etsy

You can find Petit Collage on Etsy and Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. please put a link to your etsy store! everyone needs to know where to find your great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alessandra, I've added it at the end.

    ReplyDelete