Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On the sixth day of Christmas

..my true love gave to me...
six ugly buttons...


I think these have spent a few decades in the button box......

While I was doing some button research on "moonglow" buttons, I read a blog about a button show award for ugly buttons.  There was an image of somewhat ugly buttons which had been tastefully mounted for display.  And I thought to myself...  You think your buttons are ugly.....they're nothing compared to some of the molded plastic I have in my button drawer!

So I went to my sewing room and pulled out the drawer that's marked "Loose Button" at the bottom.







...and I pulled out some ugly ones at the top.   Nixon/Agnew?  Diaper pins, snaps, whose in charge of this mess anyway?
And then.....   my eyes fell upon a card of buttons that made me think of morel mushrooms.....

....which proves three things.... 1) buttons can make you hungry if they remind you of food, 2) ugly buttons can't be limited to six - lets think about this, there are plenty of button jars filled with ugliness out there and 3) ugly is only in the eye of the beholder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment