Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On the tenth day of Christmas...

wait....hold it.  The SUN is out.  It is the 20th of December and the weather is gorgeous.  This means it is time for a road trip.  Only 24 miles away is MacKenzie-Childs in Aurora, New York.  Are you familiar with their pottery, furniture and checkered eclectic look?  May I just suggest that if you are ever in the area to go to the shop on Cayuga Lake and stay for a tour of the house.

Brick paved driveway up to the studio and storefront.  NO SNOW!!! 

The renovated farm house used for pictures for the catalogs and displaying new lines of pottery, tinware, coordinating home decorations and furniture. 

Glancing back at the lake from the grounds. Also this is the scene that is often painted on the furniture. 

Inside the store, displays fill the rooms.  Since it is almost Christmas,  holiday decorations fill the space.

From the Christmas tree honoring our pet pooches.







And now to just show a few pictures from inside the three story farm house.  My camera displayed this message:  "batteries exhausted".   Exhausted?  I knew I was snapping away, but please get a second wind, I have pictures to take :)




This is the breakfast room - one of my favorite spaces.









 Okay, so back home now and my offering for the 10th day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me
ten spools of vintage thread...




No comments:

Post a Comment